In accordance with Art. 261a of the Act of 27 April 2001 Environmental Protection Law (Journal of Laws 2018, item 799).
- INDICATION OF THE OPERATOR
The Chairman of the board – Radosław Olszewski
Manufacturing and Consulting Company ADOB® Ltd. L.P.,
telephone: 61 650 31 66
fax: 61 650 31 67
- CONFIRMATION THAT THE PLANT IS SUBJECT TO REGULATIONS PREVENTING INDUSTRIAL FAILURES
Under Art. 250 of the Act of 27 April 2001 Environmental Protection Law, the Manufacturing and Consulting Company ADOB® Ltd. L.P., established in Poznan, ul. Kołodzieja 11, has been registered as an upper-tier establishment (Journal of Laws 2016, item 672).
The plant has been registered with the Voivodship Inspection of Environmental Protection (WIOŚ) as well as at the Municipal Headquarters of the State Fire Service (KM PSP), Poznań, and is constantly monitored through the Industrial Failure Prevention Program.
- DESCRIPTION OF BUSINESS ACTIVITY
The Manufacturing and Consulting Company ADOB® runs activities connected with:
- Production of fertilisers and nitrogen compounds
- Production of basic organic and inorganic chemicals
- Wholesale of chemical products
- Consultancy in the field of fertilisation
- CHARACTERISTICS OF STORING HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES
The Manufacturing and Consulting Company ADOB® uses substances subject to qualification in terms of the risk of industrial failure as presented in the attached factsheet.
- INFORMATION REGARDING WARNING THE PUBLIC AND PROCEDURES IN CASE OF THE OCCURRENCE OF INDUSTRIAL FAILURE
5.1. Methods of warning and informing the public in case of the occurrence of a major failure
During the occurrence of any industrial failure or any other local threat which might occur on the premises of the Manufacturing and Consulting Company ADOB®, security and evacuation procedures are followed in the plant. The warning signal is an alarm siren which sounds continuously with a duration time of four minutes. The siren is activated by an authorized employee who directly witnesses the hazardous event/industrial failure.
In case of the occurrence of a fire alarm or another local threat on the premises of the Manufacturing and Consulting Company ADOB®, cooperation is expected between the local community inhabiting the area around the plant and the organs authorized to manage a rescue and fire-extinguishing action (fire protection units and the police). The inhabitants will be notified by company representatives or representatives of the following authorities: the Police, the Municipal Police or the State Fire Service. In accordance with the competence of the authority, it is also permissible to provide information through media communication centres.
In case of the occurrence of a dangerous situation bearing the signs of a major industrial failure, the plant reports the threat to the Managing Post of the City Commander of the State Fire Service in Poznan via the emergency number 998 (or 112).
In order to reduce the effects of failure on the closest surroundings of the plant, neighbouring production plants will be provided with information regarding the failure. Furthermore, the plant will pass on information regarding the existing threat to third parties (e.g. contractors, drivers or guests) staying on the premises of the plant and in its surroundings.
The prospective decision regarding the evacuation of inhabitants is taken by the person managing the rescue operation, who is authorized by the State Fire Service. In the case of an alarm, one should strictly follow the instructions of the emergency services.
Authorised employees have been appointed as responsible for managing the rescue operation on the plant’s premises until the arrival of the State Fire Service units. They are also responsible for managing persons competent in the field of providing information regarding the plant’s production profile, types of substances stored and the fire protection systems applied.
5.2. Procedures for population residing in the direct neighbourhood of the Manufacturing and Consulting Company ADOB® in case of the occurrence of a major failure
After hearing a signal or information regarding the existent threat, residents should:
- Not come close to the hazard zone
- Turn on a TV or radio and tune into the frequency of a local station
- Listen carefully to the transmitted communication
- Follow the instructions transmitted by the media
- Go to the evacuation meeting point given in the announcement or in the information provided by a person managing the rescue operation
- When leaving home, remember to cut off all utilities in the building/flat (e.g. gas, electricity, water)
- When leaving home, remember to roll down the blinds and lock the building/flat
- When leaving home, take important documents and medications, as well as prescriptions in the case of chronic diseases.
In case of an intensive smoke one should:
- Avoid contact with thermal decomposition products
- Not hinder access into the plant for rescue teams
- Not enter areas with high levels of smoke
- Close and seal the windows as well as any openings through which smoke might get into flats and rooms
- Keep calm and move away from the smoke area in a direction perpendicular to the wind
- Follow the instructions of people conducting rescue, fire-extinguishing and cleaning operations.